Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spacemen


I thought I would post some marker sketches from the past few months. Mostly aliens from stuff I've been reading or watching or whatever. This one is an alien from Andre Norton's "Galactic Derelict". Awesome vintage sf with some homoerotic cowboy flair.

I drew this after reading the original draft script for "Alien" where a lot was different from the final film. It's still one of my favorite movies, but it would have been cool to see a film version of this script.


A sort of cartoony, suited up Reman from Star Trek. I really liked seeing what degenerate vulcans would be like.




A small picture of Skade, from Alastair Reynolds"Revelation Space" books. One of my favorite villains ever. I was totally rooting for her half most of the time.



Scorpio the hyperpig from the same. At first I couldn't really disassociate him from the Muppets, but Reynolds put a lot of thought into how a world designed for humans would suck if you were a pig. It was fun to think about how to adapt a space suit for a pig.


Also from the Revelation Space story "Weather" is this quick sketch of the secret of the conjoiner drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment